Though there are many ways to connect with your audience online, developing one where your brand becomes a part of their daily routine is by far one of the most effective. In today’s article, Rudolf discusses how to grow a Facebook following using advertisements.
Facebook ads are incredibly easy to create and use. As Facebook continues to grow and develops new algorithms for displaying information in users’ News Feeds, narrowing in on a targeted market will only become increasingly easier as time goes on. Regardless of the size of your business, you should be budgeting a portion of your profits towards advertising/outreach—and Facebook is a wonderful platform to start with. Ads on Facebook work for a variety of reasons and come in a couple different forms:
- Sidebar Ads reveal that one of your friends has liked a page and suggest that you may also be interested in liking it. These ads have a lot of social credibility because they are directly tied to your personal network and are akin to receiving a recommendation from a friend.
- News Feed Ads are suggestions based off of what you and your network have already liked. These ads are also effective and embed themselves seamlessly into the stream of status updates, where a majority of Facebook users spend their time.
The setup of Facebook Ad campaigns was recently redesigned to be more streamlined, so I’ll outline the new process here:
- Log into your account and select “Create an Ad” from the drop-down menu in the top right hand corner of the page OR go to the page for which you would like to advertise and click on the Ad Manager. Read through the testimonials if you’d like, and once you are ready click the “Create an Ad” button to begin the process.
- Facebook will ask you what kind of results you want for your ads. Since we’re focusing on growing your audience on Facebook, select the “Page Likes” button.
- If you haven’t created a page for your brand or product yet, Facebook will prompt you to do so (you won’t be able to proceed unless you do). Once ready, select the Facebook page you wish to advertise for from the drop-down menu.
- For image-based ads, you can upload up to 6 different images at no extra cost. These ads will rotate as they appear in the News Feed and can be customized using the text and links editor after you have uploaded your images.
- Within Facebook’s audience tool, select the locations, ages, genders, interests, behaviors, and connections that are appropriate for your advertising campaign.
- Depending on how popular your page is, you can set different amounts to spend per day on promotion. You can also set a start and end date for your campaign or have it roll over continuously.
It’s that simple! Once you have an ad running, you can manage it along with entire campaigns by logging into the Ad Manager that is found on your Facebook page. The power behind Facebook is in its ability to target specific audiences and demographics. Once you have built your ads, be sure to spend some time narrowing in on the market that you wish to target. Remember that getting people to follow your brand is just the first step – engaging with them and providing them with valuable content is what will keep them around.